Once the warning appears, you will be prompted to go to Settings and reactivate Windows. Fortunately, it is possible to solve Microsoft’s licensing problems, including this one.
In this article you will learn how to fix this strange error and its main causes, so read on.
What is the cause of the problem?
- Wrong activation key : Your computer suddenly becomes invalid if you have used an invalid key. For example, volume license keys are designed specifically for enterprise systems and may work temporarily and then fail on home computers.
- Hardware changes : An update to the underlying hardware, such as. B. Replacement of the play mother board, may cause this problem.
- Reinstalling Windows: After reinstalling Windows, your computer may forget to give you a license.
- Update : Windows sometimes even shuts down after an update.
What should I do if Windows needs to be turned on, but is already on?
1. Restore windows
- Click Start and type cmd in the Windows 10 search box.
- Right-click and select Run as administrator .
- Remember to click Yes when and if prompted by User Account Control (UAC).
- In the command prompt window, type the following command and press Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService returns OA3xOriginalProductKey
- This unlocks the key to the original product.
- Copy it, click the Start button, and select Settings..
- Click the Updates and Security tab, and then click Activate. Update .
- Choose Change Product Code and enter the previously copied product code.
- Click Next to activate..
2. Run the Activation Troubleshooting Utility.
- Press the Start button and select Settings (as shown above).
- Click on the Updates and Security tab.
- Select Activate and click the Troubleshooting button.
If you’re having trouble reactivating Windows, you’ll be happy to know that you can use the Activation Problem Solver to diagnose and fix the remaining activation problems.
The tool is easy to use and very effective. Try it. If no error messages are returned, the troubleshooting tool should activate Windows 10 immediately.
3. Sign in to your Microsoft account and activate Windows 10.
- Log on to the PC as administrator.
- Make sure this administrator account is also your Microsoft account.
(Press Start, then select Settings and then Accounts and check your information. The administrator’s name appears below your user name and email address).
- Return to the activation page via the Start button and select Settings.
- Click the Updates and Security tab, and then click Activate.
- Select Troubleshooting and click I recently changed the hardware on this device.
- Select Next if the diagnostic tool gives an error message when Windows cannot be turned on on your device.
If your Windows 10 license is associated with a digital license/right on your device, you will need to log in to your Microsoft account and then re-activate Windows using the troubleshooter.
These are situations where the problem occurs after major hardware changes, such as B. after a CPU change.
4. Contact person
If after trying all the above solutions, your PC still claims that Windows needs to be enabled, contact the official Microsoft support team and explain your situation to them.
They are generally very useful and allow you to verify the authenticity of the product key and give you an identifier that you can use to reactivate Windows 10.
Here are some solutions you can try when Windows needs to be re-enabled. Which of these solutions helped you solve the problem? Please leave your comments or other suggestions in the comments section below.
Still having problems?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent on TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scanning button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing problems with the PC.
- Click Restore All to fix issues related to proprietary technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comment : This article was originally published in April 2019 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
windows 10 asking for activation but already activated, windows 10 suddenly not activated, windows 7 is activated but still asking for activation, windows 10 activation key, can’t activate windows by phone, unable to activate windows after hardware change, windows is not activated, windows is not activated windows 10 pro